This is the sixth part of a series of trivia quizzes on Feluda films and stories. If you’ve read the book, Gorosthane Shabdhan!, you should be able to answer most of the questions in this quiz.
1. What were the two news-items covered in the newspaper cuttings that were found in the wallet at the Park Street Cemetery?
2. Okay, this one should be quite easy for hardcore fans. What type and color car did Lalmohan Ganguly (Jotayu) buy? What the original tune of his car’s horn that annoyed Feluda?
3. What is a Perigal Repeater? Why was Thomas given a Repeater by the Nawab of Lucknow?
4. Complete the name on the gravestone. “Sacred to the Memory of Thomas God________”
5. Naren Biswas’ wallet had a piece of paper with the letters “MN, OU, GAA, SJ, WN.” What do these abbreviations signify?
6. Why did Jotayu keep saying “hell” when the trio were crossing Chowringhee?
7. How was Charlotte related to Thomas?
8. What was the name of Feluda’s classmate mentioned in this story?
9. What is the name of the company that provided the photograph of Calcutta taken in 1880 from the top of the Ochterlony Monument ?
10. What is Lalmohan Ganguly’s driver’s full name?
1. There were two newspaper cuttings: one mentioned the opening of the South Park Street Cemetery and the other had news of the Ochterlony Monument (Shahid Minar) being built.
2. Jotayu bought a green Mark II Ambassador. The thought the color green was very “soothing.” There was a Saregama tune on the horn that Feluda found quite annoying.
3. It is an antique British watch made by Francis Perigal. Thomas was given the watch for his excellent culinary skills.
4. “Sacred to the Memory of Thomas Godwin”
6. The Kolkata Metro Rail was under construction and Jotayu called it “hell-rail” as a direct translation of Metro Rail, “Paataal-rail” (পাতালরেল). Paataal means hell in Bengali.
7. She was his daughter.
8. Suhrid Sengupta
10. Haripada Datta
©2010-2012 Feluda.net. All rights reserved.