This is the fifth part of a series of trivia quizzes on Feluda films and stories. If you’ve read the book, Chinnamastar Abhishaap, you should be able to answer most of the questions in this quiz.
1. At the start of the story, readers learn that Lalmohan Ganguly (better known as Jotayu) had huge success with his last novel, Vancouvere Vampire. Why was he reading a book on the history of Bengalis in the circus on the way to Hazaribag?
2. What was the name of Mr. Kutty’s circus?
3. Which Bengali figure was Birendra Choudhury idolizing when he left home at the age of nineteen?
4. According to Mahesh Choudhury and his granddaughter’s code what did “RKAHA” mean?
5. Mahesh Choudhury had a collection of stamps and rocks. What also did he collect as a hobby?
6. What was Jotayu’s answer to why he thought a balloon was a living thing in the sky? According to Jotayu, what is a “bengur” (বেঙুর)?
7. Whose photograph did Mahesh Choudhury point out to Feluda with two fingers shortly before passing away?
8. Where was the actual proof that Arunendra Choudhury did not get along with his father? (Hint: Mahesh Choudhury was carrying it at Rajrappa)
9. Who was Sultan?
10. What is Indovision?
Chinnamasta Temple at Rajrappa, Jharkhand
1. Jotayu was planning to have a trapeze-act play a central role in his next novel. In the middle of a trapeze-act, one trapeze-artist was going to murder another one by means of a lethal injection. Jotayu planned to have hero, Prakhar Rudra, learn how to swing on the trapeze to solve the crime.
2. “Great Majestic”
3. The Bengali adventurer, Colonel Suresh Biswas.
4. The letters in this order sound like the question “aar ke aayeche?” (আর কে এয়েচে?) in Bengali which means “who else has come?”
6. Living things require oxygen and balloons are filled with oxygen! Earlier he yelled “bengur” (বেঙুর) a mix of bang (frog), hangor (shark) and balloon – ব্যাঙ, হাঙর, বেলুন
7. Swami Muktananda (who has the power of three continents behind him).
8. The conversation that was recorded on a cassette in the tape-recorder Mahesh Choudhury was carrying just before his heart attack.
9. Sultan was the tiger that escaped from the Great Majestic Circus. Chandran was injured trying to capture it and Tosphe, Haripada, and Lalmohan babu saw it later. Kandarikar (who had trained it) was successful in capturing it.
10. A new brand of television that Mahesh Choudhury’s youngest son, Preeteendra claimed to be from his electronics company.
©2010-2012 Feluda.net. All rights reserved. (Image of temple was created by a department of the Govt. of India and may be used freely without license)